About a year ago I came up with an amazing cocoa rub for beef. It was flipping great and like Life will have it I lost the dang recipe. So a few months ago, I went back to the drawing board. I sat down and started the research all over again. For some reason I went into the pantry to get something and I saw it… chipotles. That got me to thinking, maybe I could make a spicy mayo tonight to use with some burgers. As I left the pantry with the chipotles in hand I saw the new cocoa steak rub and I put two and two together and this is how we developed our Chipotle Cocoa Rub. It is so full of flavor but once cooked down it is light on heat. Chipotle and cocoa should be together forever just like peanut butter and jelly.
Chipotle Cocoa Steak Tacos
These chipotle cocoa steak rubs will sweeten and heat up you tacos at the same time.
- 1 lb steak NY Strip, Ribeye or what you have on hand
- 1 avocado diced
- Coleslaw mix
- 12 tortillas corn or flour
- Taco cheese blend shredded
- Life44 Chipotle Cocoa Rub
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pull steak out about 15 minutes prior to cooking and rub Life44 Chipotle Cocoa rub on all sides of steak
- Add 1tsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet and bring to a medium heat. Using this rub you want to cook your steak at a lower temp than normally or the rub will burn and not caramelize.
- Once heated add your steak and cook for about 10 minutes until the steak is medium rare
- Remove steak and wrap in foil and allow to rest. While steak is resting heat tortillas.
- Once steak has rested dice into bite size pieces
- Add coleslaw mix to bottom tortilla, add diced steak, pico, avocado and cheese in that order.