This buttercream frosting recipe is simple to make. I prefer to use my KitchenAid when making buttercream. It is my go to frosting when making cakes or cupcakes.
- 3 Cups cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Cup Room Temp Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Whipping Cream
- Mix sugar and butter on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more.
- Add more cream if desired for consistency.
- Add gel food coloring as desired.
Make sure your butter is room temp. If you are just pulling it out of the fridge, you can microwave it to soften it up a little. If you over heat it, your frosting will be runny.
Help support our site! As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.