El Gaucho Cheesesteak
Bringing the amazing flavors of El Gaucho chimichurri to a cheesesteak is the ultimate way to enjoy this iconic classic sandwich
- 2 lbs ribeye sliced thin marinated in El Gaucho for 2 hours
- 1 red onion sliced
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- peperoncini (as much or as little as you like) sliced
- 8 hoagie rolls sliced almost in half
- Using El Gaucho marinate the sliced steak for at least two hours
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium heat and add the sliced onions. Cook for 5-7 minutes and add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes add the peperoncini and remove all from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Using same nonstick skillet add sliced steak and cook for 5 minutes or until well browned. Turn off heat
- Add the onions, mushrooms and peperoncini to the meat and divide into 4 portions. Add two slices of cheese to each portion and place a lid on it and leave for one minute
- Add the portions to the hoagie roll and wrap in foil. Place hoagies in a sheet pan and then into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.